See Part A for general information about our information handling practices.
See Part B for more specific information for:
- users of our websites;
- users of our Consumer Information Service;
- people who have entered our promotions or trade incentives;
- people who have subscribed to the Food 4 Thought mailing list;
- people who have registered as members of the Quorn Club; and
- people who have applied for a job with us.
- See Part C for information about accessing or correcting your personal information, or lodging a complaint about our handling of your personal information.
Part B – Specific Information
1. Information for our website users
Our websites and social media pages (and other materials we provide to you) may contain links to third party websites. The operators of those websites may have privacy policies and practices which differ from our own. We are not responsible for the content of any external website or the privacy practices of any third party.
Some information that you post to parts of our website or to our social media pages may be available to be viewed by the public. You should use discretion in deciding what information you upload to such sites.
We may use this passively collected usage information for a variety of purposes, including customising and improving our websites and services. Certain aspects of our websites and services require this information to function and may not be available if this information is not collected.
2. Information for users of our Consumer Information Service
When you use our Consumer Information Service we may ask for you to provide certain personal information in order for us to respond to your query. For example, we may request your phone number so that we can contact you once we have an answer to your query. Some queries may require us to disclose your personal information to third parties, for example food safety testing labs.
If your query requires us to collect health information or other sensitive information about you, we will only do so if we have your consent and if the sensitive information is reasonably necessary for us to deal with your query. We will only use and disclose this information with your consent, or for other purposes if we are authorised or required to do so by law.
We will handle any health information that we collect about you in accordance with applicable laws.
3. Information for competition, promotion and trade incentive entrants
When you enter a competition, promotion or trade incentive conducted by us, we will use the personal information you provide to us for the purpose of administering the competition, promotion or trade incentive.
We may also store the information that you provide to us for the competition, promotion or trade incentive on our customer information database for use for promotional, marketing and product development purposes in relation to any of our products or services.
4. Information for subscribers to the Food 4 Thought mailing list
The Food 4 Thought program, magazine and mailing list is operated by us, together a number of other businesses. More information about the other businesses that are involved in the Food 4 Thought program can be found on the Food 4 Thought website at www.f4t.com.au
If you consented to receiving marketing materials when you subscribed to the Food 4 Thought mailing list, we may send you marketing materials (including electronic messages) about our products and services and those of the third party businesses that are involved in the Food 4 Thought program.
We may share personal information that we have collected about you through your membership of the Food 4 Thought program with the third party businesses that are involved in the Food 4 Thought program for direct marketing purposes. The information that we share with those third party businesses may include your name, contact details and product preferences.
5. Information for job applicantsIf you apply for a job with us, we will use the information provided by you to assess your application.
We also may provide assistance to our related companies in relation to their recruitment activities, including:
- Top Cut Foods Pty Ltd; and
- Simplot New Zealand Limited (which is located in New Zealand).
- If you submit an application for a position with one of these companies, we will share information about you (including your application and the supporting documents) with the relevant company for the purpose of assessing your suitability for that position.
As part of the application process, you may be required to undergo certain assessments such as background checks, psychometric screening, aptitude testing, medical testing and human resources management activities. These activities would likely involve the collection of health information and possibly other sensitive information. This information may be used in the assessment of your suitability for the role you have applied for.
We may engage third party service providers to assist us with assessing your application. Those service providers may collect personal information about you on our behalf and we may share personal information about you with these service providers for this purpose.
You may refuse to provide this information to us or our service providers. However, if you refuse to provide any of the information requested by us, or do not consent to the disclosure of the results of your additional assessments, we may be unable to consider your application.
Part C – Contacting Us
You can contact us if:
- you want to access or correct any personal information that we hold about you;
- you want to unsubscribe from our mailing lists; or
- you think that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and want to make a complaint.
- We can be contacted about privacy issues by email sent to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can write to us at Simplot Australia Privacy Officer, Locked Bag 3005, Braeside, Victoria 3005.
Please note that:
- Your complaints are taken seriously and will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner and in accordance with the Act. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with relevant information we may require. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our assessment of your complaint, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- If you require access to the personal information that we hold about you, we may charge a fee for providing access to this information and we may refuse access where the Act allows us to do so.