Pea soup is always popular. Try adding freshly grated parmesan cheese, parsley and pine nuts.
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:17 mins
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup frozen Birds Eye Chopped Onions
- 3 cups chicken or vegetables stock
- 500g packet frozen Birds Eye Garden Peas
- 2 tablespoons rice
- ¼ cup cream
- ½ cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
Heat oil in a large saucepan, add frozen Birds Eye Onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Pour in chicken stock and add frozen Birds Eye Peas and rice, bring to the boil; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Puree soup, season to taste and serve drizzled with cream and sprinkle with combined Gremolata.
Toasted almonds or hazelnuts can replace pine nuts for a variation. For a lower fat version omit cream.